Tagged: property Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

  • Linda Shelton 11:49 pm on December 23, 2011 Permalink | Reply
    Tags: address, , , documents, investigators, money, phone numbers, proof you were there, property, records, social workers   

    What is the address and phone number of the jail? 

    2700 South California Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60608

    Contact us:
    (773) 674-5245 (automated help line)
    (773) 674-7100 (main telephone number)

    Other Important Telephone numbers:

    Business Office: (773) 674-6866

    Legal Office: (773) 674-7683 – THEY ACCEPT SUBPOENAS WHEN YOU SUE THEM

    Office of the Executive Director (Warden): (773) 674-2859

    Program Services: (773) 674-6815 = SOCIAL WORKERS, LIBRARIAN

    Records Department: (773) 674-5200 TO OBTAIN PROOF YOU WERE IN JAIL

    Training Academy: (708) 974-5700 SO YOU WANT TO BE A SHERIFF?

    Trust Accounts (Where they hold your money) / Personal Property: (773) 674-6864

    • birmingham family lawyers 5:47 pm on January 10, 2013 Permalink | Reply

      We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will be thankful to

      • Linda Shelton 10:42 pm on January 10, 2013 Permalink | Reply

        Thank you for your kind comments!

  • Linda Shelton 6:06 pm on August 10, 2011 Permalink | Reply
    Tags: giving items to detainess in jail, giving items to inmates, , property, visiting a jail   

    What can I give to a detainee or inmate when I visit the jail? 

    During visits nothing can be passed to the detainee. You can NOT bring them their medications. All medications must come from the jail’s doctor.

    If you have an important legal document, then you can ask for the social worker during normal business hours and she will look at it and give it to the detainee if that is allowed.

    If you need to  pick up a paper that the detainee signed with the help of the social worker in order to  give you Power of Attorney (POA) or which gives you permission to pick up the detainee’s wallet and property, then you can also ask for the social worker. The guards are NOT involved in this.  If the social worker is unavailable, you are out of luck that day and will have to come back.

    As to mail:

    You can send him/her NOTHING but letters, soft cover books and magazines (3 per mailing max) and pictures. You do NOT have to have only new books sent from the publisher or new magazines sent directly from the publisher.  In the IDOC  prison you must have books sent directly from the publisher – their rules are different. Everything else is CONTRABAND which if a detainee is found to possess may bring new charges and a longer sentence. No polaroid pictures, stickers, stamps, envelopes, paper, musical cards, pornagraphy, gang signs or symbols in the pictures, no maps or drawings looking like maps.  Everything they are allowed to get they must BUY from commissary – food, stamps, paper, envelopes, snacks (very limited), toiletries, socks, underwear.

    You cannot send him playing  cards, dice, games, underclothes, sweater, sweatshirt, etc.

Compose new post
Next post/Next comment
Previous post/Previous comment
Show/Hide comments
Go to top
Go to login
Show/Hide help
shift + esc
%d bloggers like this: